TPG Community

Get online support

Regular dropouts at peak periods and poor speed

mconly5892
Level 2

I'm having issues twofold. I'm on the NBN100 plan, and according to the address checker on this very website, is applicable to my current address. I'm getting 17mbps on average according to your own speedcheck. Getting 20% of the advertised speed for 100% of the price!

Second issue is the unbelievable amount of connection dropouts we have had at this address for the past month. There has been severe weather events recently, however these drops began before this and continue to persist afterwards. Might as well not even have an internet connection between 6-11pm with how infrequently it actually connects at this point. 

I tried the technical help phone line, was put in the queue for a callback, and the TPG employee called me back, said nothing, then hung up - presumably to clear my place in queue and pretend to have done some work? This is likely my last resort to have my speed and connection fixed before we cancel this plan and get a more reliable ISP. Even finding my customer number and getting set up for this forum was a frustrating chore. 

1 REPLY 1
Shane

We got you, @mconly5892

Let's take a look at what's causing the dropouts and slow connection issues so we can fix them right away.Could you shoot us a PM with your details to proceed with the initial assessment and investigation?

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

I'm having issues twofold. I'm on the NBN100 plan, and according to the address checker on this very website, is applicable to my current address. I'm getting 17mbps on average according to your own speedcheck. Getting 20% of the advertised speed for 100% of the price!

Second issue is the unbelievable amount of connection dropouts we have had at this address for the past month. There has been severe weather events recently, however these drops began before this and continue to persist afterwards. Might as well not even have an internet connection between 6-11pm with how infrequently it actually connects at this point. 

I tried the technical help phone line, was put in the queue for a callback, and the TPG employee called me back, said nothing, then hung up - presumably to clear my place in queue and pretend to have done some work? This is likely my last resort to have my speed and connection fixed before we cancel this plan and get a more reliable ISP. Even finding my customer number and getting set up for this forum was a frustrating chore.