Retrieve old Records

Cedric
Level 2

Christine | Adsl Sales | UserID: 1297 TPG Community <community@tpg.com.au> appears unable to read and answer questions.

I am replying to her as below (except the emal to Chritine contains the customer email address/account name), but I am also posting this here in the hope someone on this board can assist me.

"

Christine,

Would you please forward this to someone who can understand my questions and answer them, rather than ignoring most of the facts of this case, giving me a lot of irrelevant info and not answering what I have asked.

!) I have told you the customer wants no contract, so why prattle on about 18-month contracts?

2) You know the customer's account name (<xxxx@alphalink.com.au>), and you know the TPG group companies have unilaterally transferred her to iiNet, so you know she already has an iiNet modem, as well as the old Alphalink Billion modem, so why do you want to continue your policy of imposing additional unnecessary expenses (change of account, setup charges, etc, etc). TPG have informed me her new Hauwei modem will work with these bundled services - if that verbal advice is wrong, please say so.

3) For the "no lock-in contract" what is the $10 delivery fee for, and what is the "$20 Home Phone Prepayment Outside Included Value" for?

4) Alphalink already have full records of phone nos, complete address, etc - <xxxx@alphalink.com.au> was their customer for years. TPG have verabally advised ADSL 2+ is available at her address, please advise if this verbal advice is wrong?

5) > It would be better to contact the current provider to check the usage, password and plan details.

Exactly, which is why I asked you how I do that !!

I repeat, this customer is an elderly lady who has little understanding of modern technology. She can call 1300 137 425 on her landline and explain to an operator what she wants, though it would be better if that was a 3-way conference where I could clarify her terminology. But she cannot call 1300 137 425 and negotiate Chariot's recorded options menus. So how do I set up a 3-way conference call, if Chariot won't add her to the call when I call them?

Hopefully you realise she has hardly made any use of her current internet connection with iiNet, due to iiNet's not identifying the various problems and getting the service to work, then their sending invoices to an inaccessible address, then disconnecting the service for non-payment !! Soo iiNet records will not tell us her usage, we must go back to alphalink for usage records. Alphalink are part of the TPG group, so how do we both find out her usage patterns, and retrieve her old data (emails)?

On 10/12/2018 19:34, Adsl Sales wrote:

Dear Cedric,

Thank you for the email.

Below is a break down of the initial costs that may be incurred with a new ADSL2+ with Home Phone installation:

18 months

- set up cost $79.95 on 18 months contract
- first monthly subscription plan
- $20 Home Phone Prepayment Outside Included Value:
- $10 delivery fee
- free modem

no lock-in contract

- set up cost $99.95 on No Lock-In contract
- first monthly subscription plan
- $20 Home Phone Prepayment Outside Included Value:
- $10 delivery fee
- modem (Wireless $99.95) - optional

Kindly provide the active phone number and complete address so we can check the availability of the service in the area and assist you accordingly.

It would be better to contact the current provider to check the usage, password and plan details.

For any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us via details below.

Kind Regards,

Christine | Adsl Sales | UserID: 1297
T 13 14 23 | F 02 9850 0813
www.tpg.com.au

Email Queue: Adsl Sales
TPG Telecom (ASX: TPM)

TPG Community: Ask, answer and talk about our products! Check it out today at https://community.tpg.com.au

This email and any attachments are confidential and may be subject to copyright, legal or some other professional privilege.
They are intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). They may only be copied, distributed or
disclosed with the consent of the copyright owner. If you have received this email by mistake or by breach of the confidentiality
clause, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete or destroy all copies of the email. Any confidentiality,
privilege or copyright is not waived or lost because this email has been sent to you by mistake.

-------- Original Message -------- Subject:

Website Form (2018-12-10 16:39:34): Sales Enquiries - residential

Date:

2018-12-10 16:39:41

<cwyndham@melbpc.org.au>

To:

adsl@tpg.com.au

The following information has been submitted online from the IP address: [110.22.100.164]

Name: Cedric Wyndham

Email: cwyndham@melbpc.org.au

Product: ADSL2+ with Home Phone Bundle

Enquiry: I am trying to find a suitable plan for a customer of the TPG group (she was on Alphalink, but has been switched to iiNet. IiNet and Chariot claim she asked for that, I can assure you she had no understanding of what you were doing, did not want to pay more, etc. Chariot claim they are now owned by TPG and that iiNet are not part of the same group, whereas Chariot previously told me they had been bought by iiNet, etc).
As I cannot obtain sense over the phone, I need written communication to ensure I am obtaining reliable information.
Question 1
At <https://www.tpg.com.au/services/adsl-plans> I see TPG offer an Internet and home phone bundle, 20 GB data per month, $40 per month plus call charges. No contract and $100 set up fee. Would you please confirm there are no charges not mentioned here (e.g. line rental)?
Question 2
How does one determine previous phone calls and data usage for the account <xxxx@alphalink.com.au>? Is it correct that chariot support desk cannot initiate a three way conference?
Please remember that this is an elderly lady who has minimal skills with modern technology. She is capable of calling 1300 137 425 on her landline and explaining to an operator what she wants, but cannot negotiate menus, does not know whether she needs ADSL or dial-up or NBN option, etc. It is my job to assist her with such tasks, hence chariot support must call her, carry out identification tasks, then establish a three way call with myself.
Question 3
How does this customer obtain the password to the re-established <xxxx@alphalink.com.au> email account?
Once this account is accessed, how does she (or myself acting on her behalf) retrieve the data from the previous account, especially the emails, phone call volumes and data usage?

mailto: adsl@tpg.com.au

"

1 REPLY 1
Erika

Hi @Cedric

Welcome to the Community!

Your feedback does matter to us and our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience. Please allow us the opportunity to help you out, we’d like to turn your experience around. 

Please understand that though Chariot (who acquired Alphalink), iiNet and TPG are part of TPG Telecom Limited we still operate independently of each other. We offer plans and services that would appeal to different demographics. Nonetheless, we would like to take this opportunity to answer or assist you with your queries as much as possible. 

Set up fee covers the cost of processing the order and installing the new service. This fee depends on a few things including the type of service available [ADSL2+ with Home Phone, NBN plans, or Fibre to the Building Bundle, etc] at your location or the contract option [No contract or w/ 18months contract] you choose. 

If as you've mentioned, ADSL2+ with Home Phone is available in the area and the potential customer wants a no contract, then the set up fee would cost $99.95. Nonetheless, there is no delivery fee and no modem included for this option. I understand that you've been informed differently and we apologise for the confusion this has caused. 

Furthermore, if your current modem is ADSL2+ compatible, then it should work with our ADSL2+ Homephone bundle as long as it has the configuration[such as the username and password that will be supplied]. 

I understand that Alphalink has her details, however, as we do operate independently, we do not have visibility with her account and is unable to confirm with you now the requested details. 

The best I can do here is to coordinate this with our Chariot team. Can you please send us via Private message the e-mail address of the account holder?