Sagemcom and ethernet

XZT987
Level 2

Hi,  I've just received the Sagemcom 5G modem device and I'm trying to get an ethernet only device connected to it.

I've attached the ethernet cable to the Sagemcom and on the admin page it says the connection is up however it isn't providing a DHCP / IP address.

I have tried to set the downstream device's IP (subnet/gateway) but the Sagemcom doesn't recognise it.

Is it a restriction on the Sagemcom to not allow ethernet connected devices or perhaps a setting I'm missing?

6 REPLIES 6
Angeli

Hi @XZT987

Our Sagemcom modem definitely has ethernet connection capability. What ethernet device are you trying to connect? Have you tried connecting it on all the LAN ports? What device did you use to access the modem interface? Were you able to connect via Wi-Fi? 

Regards, 

Angeli

XZT987
Level 2

THank you. I'm actually connecting an ASUS wifi router.  I wish to use my old router as it has a number of security features that the Sagemcom does not.

Angeli

Hi @XZT987

You must only use the Sagemcom modem for your 5G Home Broadband connection. It will not work with other 3rd party modems. You can use your ASUS router as an access point. 

Regards, 
Angeli

XZT987
Level 2

Thank you. 

This is what I'm trying to do. Setup the ASUS RT-AC88U as an access point. The Sagemcom briefly sees the  WIFI Router attached an then seems to turn off/disable traffic ?

Angeli

Hi @XZT987

Have you tried to disable the band steering? Also, ensure that the 2.4GHz and 5GHz are enabled. If you still encounter an issue, please contact ASUS support for assistance. 

Regards, 

Angeli

XZT987
Level 2

Thanks. I worked it out.

I still had VLAN 2 setup as per the requirements for HFC devliered internet.  Removing that has resolved the issue Smiley Happy

I now have traffic going via ASUS router