Service outage?

mr_nick
Level 2
My internet went off early this afternoon and when I checked the service status page there was a message about a damaged fibre affecting a nearby and surrounding suburbs so I assumed I was in one of the affected suburbs. At around 8pm the details of this fault completely disappeared off the status page and it is not listed in the resolved faults for the previous 24 hours. I can still not connect to the internet despite rebooting my modem multiple times. When I tried ringing customer support there was a recorded message detailing the fault that was previously on the service status page but has now disappeared. After sitting listening to dozens of recorded messages for 30 minutes I hung up as it was obvious that nobody was going to have the courtesy of answering my call
So the question is, why can't I connect to the internet? Does this fault exist or not?
9 REPLIES 9
WayneR
Staff

Hi @mr_nick 

Would you be in SE Melbourne at all?

Regards

Wayne

mr_nick
Level 2
Mt Martha. Service has just come back online.
WayneR
Staff

@mr_nick 

I am currently working on this as we speak Smiley Happy

Confirmed there was a fibre cut that impacted services

Apologies for the delay!

Regards

Wayne

mr_nick
Level 2
It would be handy if you left the fault details on the outage page so people actually know there's an ongoing issue rather than making the the fault disappear as though it's been resolved.
WayneR
Staff

@mr_nick 

I'll pass your feedback onto the management responsible for this.

Regards

Wayne

mr_nick
Level 2
And now the fault is back on the status page saying it hasn't been resolved.
WayneR
Staff

HI @mr_nick 

Ive passed onlong the feedback it seems the service status is now visable again

https://www.tpg.com.au/servicestatus.php?category=36&timeframe=now

Regards

Wayne

WayneR
Staff

HI @mr_nick 

Should be all good now. 

Thanks for the feedback Smiley Happy