TPG Community

Get online support

Slow ADSL2+ Home phone bundle speeds

SOLVED Go to solution
mtechong
Level 2

Hi TPG community,

Long time TPG customer and I've had ADSL2+ Home bundle installed at a brand new townhouse in December 2017. Since installation, speeds haven't been great, ranging from a maximum of 5Mbps to regular being unusable at 0.9 Mbps (average speeds are around 2 to 3 Mbps during peak hours).

I'm at the point where the speeds are becoming increasingly frustrating for things like streaming and gaming.

Are you able to check my line and let me know if there's anything that can be done to increase my speed? 

Speed test with Ethernet cable (TPG supplied Huawei modem):

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/4e7a8c10-7d06-11e8-89a8-59cafc92e552

Speed test on wifi, one device and right next to the modem:

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/4e7a8c10-7d06-11e8-89a8-59cafc92e552

Thanks

MC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @mtechong,

Welcome to the community!

I used your community details to pull up the account and I got a match. I ran initial tests on your connection and it shows connected for 1d 1h 26m and getting a passing speed on the line.

Getting download of 4.8Mbps and upload speed of 0.8Mbps is passing based on your location's distance to the exchange which is 3607m is passing. You can check it here.

If you are often steaming movies online and play online games at the same time, you may experience bandwidth sharing issue considering the speed you're getting from the line. 

I suggest upgrading your service with NBN service, however it is not yet available in your area. You can visit this link for reference.

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @mtechong,

Welcome to the community!

I used your community details to pull up the account and I got a match. I ran initial tests on your connection and it shows connected for 1d 1h 26m and getting a passing speed on the line.

Getting download of 4.8Mbps and upload speed of 0.8Mbps is passing based on your location's distance to the exchange which is 3607m is passing. You can check it here.

If you are often steaming movies online and play online games at the same time, you may experience bandwidth sharing issue considering the speed you're getting from the line. 

I suggest upgrading your service with NBN service, however it is not yet available in your area. You can visit this link for reference.

Regards,