TPG Community

Get online support

Slow and unstable upload speed

nagoh4321
Level 2

Hi,

My HFC NBN service from TPG is struggling to maintain a stable >4mbps upload speed during both peak and off peak times. 

My connection from the modem is wired and there are no other coexisting connections with other devices on my network at these times. I have run speed tests and download speeds are >20mbps and reported upload varies from 3 to 5mbps however when I am streaming to online services (uploading) at a very modest 2300 bitrate, I am experiencing a lot of dropped frames and disconnection due to unstable upload speeds. 

My plan is the NBN Cable 50 so I would expect that these speeds are not satisfactory, especially the upload. 

Could you help please!

2 REPLIES 2
Riezl

Hi @nagoh4321,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have located the account using your community details.

As per checking, NBN Co. is currently performing a network improvement in the area and this is expected to be completed on

07/06/2019 17:00 AEST.

This is possibly the reason why your speed is fluctuating and we will need to wait for this to be completed before we proceed with further troubleshooting.

We will monitor this and will revert to you tomorrow for further testing.

We apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you.

Shane

Hi @nagoh4321,

Good day! We're able to confirmed that the network maintenance in your area has been completed. If you're still having difficulties with the connection please do reboot your modem/router for 3-5mins to ensure the service is connected to Network.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!