TPG Community

Get online support

Slow internet after high wind

fatkona42
Level 2
There was severe weather a couple of days ago. The internet speed has drastically slowed afterwards. The wifi icon still shows full bar. However although apps give notifications that there are new messages, can’t see the actual content of the message when opening the app and can’t open new windows (refer to photo). I have checked but there is no outage or planned maintenance in my area. I have tried turning on and off the modem and ran tests but nothing helped. Having been using mobile data and it’s burning fast. Could you help check if anything was damaged by the storms and repair? Thanks, Jessica
1 REPLY 1
Shane

There are different types of speed issues that you may experience:

1. Speed issues caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless Speed issue this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Speed issues caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

I've managed to run remote test on your connection and have detected that your session is working for more than a month now which means the line is stable. 

It's possible that the trouble you may be having could be WIFI-related (signal interference, distance, weak signal) if you're using a WIFI connection only. 

We recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

If the issue persists send us the following details so we can proceed with the initial assessment.

First name: xxxxx
Last name: xxxxx
Phone number: xxxxx
Username / email address: xxxxx
Are you the account holder?: Y/N
Date of birth: xxxxx

How to send a PM?