TPG Community

Get online support

Split or disable 2.5Ghz and 5Ghz chanel on Sagemcom Fast 5866T Moden/Router

tayloranr
Level 2

I am trying to figure out how to disable or split the 5Ghz chanel on my moden router. I have a security camera that needs to connect to the 2.4Ghz chanel specifically, and the setup won't work because I think because my phone is defaulting to the 5Ghz chanel and can't find the device. I searched the forums and found this same question, but the response told me to go to a tab that is not avaliable. Other users posted the same issue, but the matter seemed to be ignored 

The link to what I am talking about:

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/How-to-split-wifi-into-2-5ghz-and-5ghz-on-the-Sag....

6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hi @tayloranr ,

To setup 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz separately you need to disable the band steering of the Wireless Network.

On how to do this simply,lLog in to the router. Select Wireless Settings (Advanced).

You'll have the option to turn it off and you will be able to rename both Wireless network.

Let us know how it will go.

Regards,

tayloranr
Level 2

This is exactly what i'm talking about. There is no "Wireless Settings (Advanced)" option. See the 2 attached screenshots to see what is avaliable. Nothing is editable on the My Sagemcom Box page. 

Shane

We will coordinate this with our technical team. Could you shoot us a PM with your details?

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

This is exactly what i'm talking about. There is no "Wireless Settings (Advanced)" option. See the 2 attached screenshots to see what is avaliable. Nothing is editable on the My Sagemcom Box page. 

tayloranr
Level 2

Solution found! 

To anyone finding this in the future. A hard reset (hold down the reset button until all the lights shut off) allowed me to finally chose the option to turn off band steering. This then allows you to choose which chanel 2,4 or 5Ghz you want to use. 

Shane

Yay! Glad to know that @tayloranr 

You're able to disable the band steering. 

Regards,

Solution found! 

To anyone finding this in the future. A hard reset (hold down the reset button until all the lights shut off) allowed me to finally chose the option to turn off band steering. This then allows you to choose which chanel 2,4 or 5Ghz you want to use. 

coolboystudio
Level 2

Change the channel under 100.