TPG Community

Get online support

Superfast Offer - A big TPG scam? ticket #11694786

dansa
Level 2

Looking at the recent posts here appears that there are a lot of TPG customers that currently pay extra for less.

I am also one of them.

For the last 6 months I was offered to try for free the new ultrafast plans.  My daily internet speed was between 200Mbps and 260Mbps. It was all great. Everyone in my houshold was happy enjoying the benefits of the great internet speed. 

On the 25th of August I have received an email from TPG advising me that the free speed upgrade was just about to end and I have been offered to upgrade my 50Mbps plan to Superfast to keep the current speed. I did that and on the 27th of August I have received a confirmation that the plan has been upgraded.

The drama starts here. When I checked the speed after the "upgrade", the new speed dropped from 260Mbps to 90Mbps.

I have notified TPG about the issue. Two weeks later and the problem is still there. During this time I have received about 3-4 calls from "senior engineers" who asked me if I use 5G or 2.4G WI-FI when I kept telling them that I have tested the speed on a PC wired to the router. Also they kept telling me that it might be a problem with the router ignoring the fact that several days bofore my router was going at 260Mbps. I have also tested a spare router and I got the same 90Mbps. And on top of that, the modem provided by TPG died yesterday. 

The current speed while I am writing this post can be seen in the attached.

Now, I am using the spare modem, paying more for less and  wondering when TPG "senior engineers" will fix my speed. 

Screenshot 2021-09-08 215621.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @dansa,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I went ahead and check the progress of the escalated fault. I  can see that you have been in contact with one of our Engineers earlier today and advised about the Technician appointment schedule. We'll raise this to them for additional reference on the ongoing investigation, expect them to contact you again via SMS or Phone call when update becomes available.

Regards,

Looking at the recent posts here appears that there are a lot of TPG customers that currently pay extra for less.

I am also one of them.

For the last 6 months I was offered to try for free the new ultrafast plans.  My daily internet speed was between 200Mbps and 260Mbps. It was all great. Everyone in my houshold was happy enjoying the benefits of the great internet speed. 

On the 25th of August I have received an email from TPG advising me that the free speed upgrade was just about to end and I have been offered to upgrade my 50Mbps plan to Superfast to keep the current speed. I did that and on the 27th of August I have received a confirmation that the plan has been upgraded.

The drama starts here. When I checked the speed after the "upgrade", the new speed dropped from 260Mbps to 90Mbps.

I have notified TPG about the issue. Two weeks later and the problem is still there. During this time I have received about 3-4 calls from "senior engineers" who asked me if I use 5G or 2.4G WI-FI when I kept telling them that I have tested the speed on a PC wired to the router. Also they kept telling me that it might be a problem with the router ignoring the fact that several days bofore my router was going at 260Mbps. I have also tested a spare router and I got the same 90Mbps. And on top of that, the modem provided by TPG died yesterday. 

The current speed while I am writing this post can be seen in the attached.

Now, I am using the spare modem, paying more for less and  wondering when TPG "senior engineers" will fix my speed. 

Screenshot 2021-09-08 215621.jpg