TPG Community

Get online support

Superfast (nbn100) can't upload files

SOLVED Go to solution
mikey
Level 3

Hello everyone I haven't been able to upload a single file to iCloud and Adobe Creative Cloud, also other serives like sending photos via WhatsApp is extremly slow since 2 days ago. Used online speed test it shows donwload is fine but upload has a socket error occurred during the upload test. 

Called TPG technical support twice and they said TPG doesn't limit uploading. Could anyone help me please? 

Thanks

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mikey
Level 3
Called TPG this morning. They said NBN technician are fixing problem in my area. Checked upload files this arvo and it is back to normal.

Thanks guys for you help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
drbob
Level 6

How big a file were you trying to upload? Try emailing yourself a large file and see how long it takes to complete the upload.

mikey
Level 3

Hi @drbob,

The files upload automatically are main photos on my iPhone which are around 3mb-4mb each and desktop files upload to iCloud and Adobe Creative Cloud are bewteen 10mb and 30mb.

Just used email attaches files, it works and a 500kb attachment took less than 1 minute.

Thanks

Mike

drbob
Level 6

It would seem that upload to the email server worked just fine. Perhaps you had a temporary up-link problem?

Is the desktop connected to the internet (modem) via a cable or via WiFi? Perhaps repeat the email test with a 10Mb attachment?

By the way, read the "fine print" for these cloud servers as you may transfer ownership of your files to them when you do the upload.

mikey
Level 3
Email can’t attach file over 1mb it says time out...

BTW Uploading was always fine. This upload error just happened 2 days ago.
mikey
Level 3
Called TPG this morning. They said NBN technician are fixing problem in my area. Checked upload files this arvo and it is back to normal.

Thanks guys for you help.