TPG Community

Get online support

TPG Ultra Fast NBN speeds lowered

Lobsterius
Level 2

I recently upgraded to Ultra Fast NBN after having the 6 months of 100mbs, for the first day my speeds were really good above 200mbs and then immediately from the 2nd day onwards they have been capped at 50mbs for the past 4 days now. I am using an ethernet cable in a gigabit ethernet port with a CAT6A ethernet cable so there is no restrictions on hardware i have even tested the speeds using 5Ghz wifi and have the same issues with the speeds being capped at 40-50mbs after having consistent 200mbs+ for the first day, I am not happy with this as I have upgraded my plan and am paying more for the superfast 200mbs and my speeds have now lowered to slower than they were before the upgrade after the first day of fast internet.

speed test on first day of upgradespeed test on first day of upgradespeed test for the past 4 days after upgradespeed test for the past 4 days after upgrade

1 REPLY 1
Riezl

Hi @Lobsterius ,

We've created some articles that will help you troubleshoot the Slow speed issue.

If you are using a WIFI connection, then you may check these links to improve your home network.

If you need further assistance, please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community