TPG Community

Get online support

Unable to send e-mails whilst overseas

nhutton
Level 2

I am currently in France and I am not able to send e-mails.  When I try to send an e-mail I get the following error message  "The server responded 535.5.7.8 [TPG-AO2] Authentication denied. User xxxxxx@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP Au TH due to previous abuse". Why am I getting this error message and how do I get this fixed so that I can send e-mails?

3 REPLIES 3
Daisy_Dhen

Welcome to TPG Community @nhutton!

Kindly edit your recent post as it contains your email address. Please refrain from posting in public your information for security purposes. 

Are you using an email client or TPG Post Office?

If via Email client, could you try sending emails via Post Office if it's going to work?

Regards, 

Daisy_Dhen

nhutton
Level 2

Hello Daisy,

Thank you for your reply.  I am using an email client (Outlook) so I have tried sending emails via Post Office and this works.  However this is really not a satisfactory solution, certainly not long term, as I have multiple folders set up in Outlook that I wish (need) to utilise, plus sync of address book, calendar, etc.  I actually think that I know the reason that I am not able to send emails from Outlook as it has happened before when I have been overseas.  The reason, as advised by TPG tecnical support, is that the TPG mail servers treat my sendings as spam and block them because they are coming from an unrecognised  overseas server.  On the previous two occasions that this has occurred I have been assured by TPG that the issue has been fixed and will not occur again, but apparently it has not been which is very annoying.  I came through community forum to seek a solution as I am not prepared, once again, to incur very substantial international call charges whilst on lengthy hold waiting for a service technician.  I very much hope that you can resolve this issue for me, or if not, give me an email address that I can use to communicate with TPG technical support.

Nicholas.
Shane

We got you, @nhutton

Most common issue is when an email address has been compromised and is being use for the following:

• TPG SMTP servers detected that the email address is sending spam emails, virus or malware.
  • TPG SMTP server has detected that your account is sending message to a large number of recipients; Unsolicited bulk email (UBE) / Unsolicited commercial email (UCE).
  • TPG SMTP Server has detected that your email has been use with a foreign IP Address “overseas”.

We created an article that will help us fix this with basic troubleshooting steps. Check this article Cannot Send Email Rejected by the Server/Banned from using SMTP let us know how it will go.

In the event that outgoing issues still persists shoot us a PM with your details.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hello Daisy,

Thank you for your reply.  I am using an email client (Outlook) so I have tried sending emails via Post Office and this works.  However this is really not a satisfactory solution, certainly not long term, as I have multiple folders set up in Outlook that I wish (need) to utilise, plus sync of address book, calendar, etc.  I actually think that I know the reason that I am not able to send emails from Outlook as it has happened before when I have been overseas.  The reason, as advised by TPG tecnical support, is that the TPG mail servers treat my sendings as spam and block them because they are coming from an unrecognised  overseas server.  On the previous two occasions that this has occurred I have been assured by TPG that the issue has been fixed and will not occur again, but apparently it has not been which is very annoying.  I came through community forum to seek a solution as I am not prepared, once again, to incur very substantial international call charges whilst on lengthy hold waiting for a service technician.  I very much hope that you can resolve this issue for me, or if not, give me an email address that I can use to communicate with TPG technical support.

Nicholas.