TPG Community

Get online support

Unstable Internet and Ping for several weeks

Lobsterius
Level 2

Had an issue with my nbn for months now where the ping increases to 200 and the speed slows down dramatically every night between 7-10pm which is the main time i try to use the internet. No issue with my devices as i am using ethernet plugged directly into the modem and the internet is obviously being capped at a low speed between these times as it is consistenly dropping between 7-10 pm i go from my usual speed of 47mbps to less than 5 and my ping goes from 20ms to 200+ i have previously contacted the support team multiple times about this issue and they have ignored my messages and the last time i threatened to switch to telstra they finally responded and said they would be in contact although it has been almost 2 weeks now and still no contact and the issue has not been resolved. I have been told to switch to telstra from friends and family as they have not had the same issue with their service and at this point i have been paying internet for 2 months and having to use my mobile data instead as the internet has constant issues. If this does not get resolved soon I will be looking into other internet providers as I am not at all happy with the service currently and it is a waste of money when it is advertised as high speed nbn and it is slower at night than my previous cheaper adsl was.

2 REPLIES 2
David_M

Hi @Lobsterius 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

David_M

Hi @Lobsterius 

Can you please Private Message(PM) me your Username/CID/Service address for the service you need help on so i can pull up your account.

How to PM.
https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093#M45

Regards,
David_M