TPG Community

Get online support

VPN Dynamic / Static IP

lilypower
Level 2

Hi, 
I have been working at home for the last 4 months due to covid. We very recently upgraded to NBN from TPG. Since doing so, I have had issues connecting with Microsoft Remote desktop via a vpn based in our office. Our current plan is NBN FTTC SL Bundle Fast. I have a colleague who lives in the same neighbourhood with the same plan, and she has no issues connecting via VPN
Once I had issues with connecting I contacted our IT support for our office. He informed me all was working fine (as I can connect to the office vpn via my phone's 3G hotspot). Upon calling TPG to figure out the issue I was informed that I needed to ask our IT team if the IP address was static or dynamic. I found out that it is static. I spent the folowwing 24 hours calling various cusotmer service and technical support in TPG to convey this information. Each of them promsed a call back asap from techincal support to discuss the issue. It has been two days and I hope the guy got the answer being static.. maybe not, who knows. 
So I am trying to solve the issue myself as I cannot wait for their response. I have since been coming into the office to work. Which in this time is highly risky, and socially questionable. 
What I need to know is how can I connect to the VPN in the office which has a static IP address. I was informed I need a business plan to do this. This seems outrageous as before we had NBN, I could connect no problem. Now we are paying more for a service which does less? Maybe I am missing something. Can anyone help? 
Thanks 
E

1 REPLY 1
Ken-C

Hi there             

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your CID (customer identication number) or your mobile phone number so can look at this service for you Smiley Happy

Kind regards