TPG Community

Get online support

Very slow speed - NBN 100

weaponofchoice3
Level 2

Very slow internet speeds.

Currently getting 7.4Mbps down and 1.6Mbps up even though I'm paying for 100MBps...

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/fefb2720-8801-11ec-a598-218df288e544

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi weaponofchoice3 

There are different types of speed issues that you may experience:

1. Speed issues caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless Speed issue this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Speed issues caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

I've managed to run remote test on your connection and have detected that your session is working for more than a month now which means the line is stable. 

It's possible that the trouble you may be having could be WIFI-related (signal interference, distance, weak signal) if you're using a WIFI connection only. 

We recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

Let us know how it will go.

@weaponofchoice3 wrote:

Very slow internet speeds.

Currently getting 7.4Mbps down and 1.6Mbps up even though I'm paying for 100MBps...

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/fefb2720-8801-11ec-a598-218df288e544

Nat83
Level 2

I have been experiencing very slow internet for the past two weeks. 2.2 Mbps upload when I am paying for 90Mbps. I have checked my router and everything seems to be working fine. The range couldn't be an issue as it was working perfectly for months. It has affected my work. Even when all the devices are off and we try to watch Netflix on the living room TV it is slow. The last time I had this issue (months ago) it miraculously started working the minute I called customer service. 

Shane

Hey, Nat83. Let us have this sorted out so you can enjoy your streaming experience again. Could you send us your details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community - https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093/highli...

Regards,

I have been experiencing very slow internet for the past two weeks. 2.2 Mbps upload when I am paying for 90Mbps. I have checked my router and everything seems to be working fine. The range couldn't be an issue as it was working perfectly for months. It has affected my work. Even when all the devices are off and we try to watch Netflix on the living room TV it is slow. The last time I had this issue (months ago) it miraculously started working the minute I called customer service.