TPG Community

Get online support

Very slow upload speed on ADSL2+

michal
Level 2

Hi there,

For some time now, I'm experiencing very slow upload speed in Maroubra Beach area (2035).

TPG Speed test in vast majority of runs ends with UPLOAD TEST ERROR.

After many tries, I've managed to get one valid result yestarday: http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/95eac910-0e52-11e9-8069-5d096b47fff7

When testing with other tools (or application) upload speed is around 0.2 Mbps

See usual google test result:

google-speed-test.PNG

Each upload test starts with long no upload period (4-5 seconds) and then jump to about 0.2 Mbps.

This issue significantly affect overall speed of my Internet especially when used with multiple devices.

This is evident on wireless and cable as well.

Is my upload speed normal for this TPG Service (ADSL2+)?

I'm pretty sure upload speed was higher at my place couple weeks ago.

Download works fine - about 6-8Mbps during any test. 

Thank you in advance for any help with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Michal

15 REPLIES 15
Riezl

Hi @michal,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Please PM us your customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and check the status of the service.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community - TPG Community

Vhorlon
Level 4

You're right about the upload speed. You should be getting far higher than that even on a bad day. One would expect speed in that ball park on a dialup connection (of last century) perhaps, but on ADSL2+ you should be getting upwards of 0.75mb/s at least. I know people who get upload speeds around that mark over 4km from the nearest exchange in South Australia - where the internet infrastructure is like a termite-infested house of cards in a hurricane. You should have way better than that being in the Sydney region.

michal
Level 2

Hi @Riezl,

Thank you for your response.

I was just contacted by the TPG support and they did some tests remotely.

Technician will be send to check our line.

Cheers,

Michal

Shane

We are glad to know that @michal. Feel free to post the case progress on this thread and do not hesitate to drop us your account details in case you will need a follow up.

cheers!

michal
Level 2

Hi Guys,

Just update on the issue with my upload speed.

I was informed that Telstra technican fixed speed issue with my internet connection.

Now upload returned to expected levels about 0.9 Mbps.

Looks like download is also slightly faster (and more stable).

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/ec1908d0-149f-11e9-b21d-4f9501fbacd2

Once again thanks for your support!

Cheers,

Michal

Shane

You're always welcome, @michal! We're glad to know that your service connection issue has been rectified and the upload speed has improved.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

djsjukur
Level 3
I am having similar problem in Indooroopilly QLD since this tuesday morning. D/l speed is normal around 10Mbps, but upload is only 0.01Mbps to zero. Called TPG techsupport in tuesday eve since the kids were having problem with online school homework, the TPG guy asked me to check speedtest a few times, connecting directly data cable between pc to modem, spent almost an hour to come into this conclusion: perhaps the school server queing was crowded, perhaps my internet banking server was having problem, etc. Then finally he asked me to check the connection in 24hrs.....
Will

Hi @djsjukur

Welcome to the Community!

We're able to locate your TPG account using your community details and have also reviewed the ticket of your recent call with us. The tests that I've performed show that the ADSL line is functioning at its optimum speed capacity for your service location at the moment.

May we confirm if you are still experiencing difficulty with the speed of your connection or if you're still having trouble accessing certain websites?

Regards,

djsjukur
Level 3

hi Will,

As i've told your techman last eve, D/L is not a problem, i can browse any website, watching youtube without clogging.

But when it comes to interactive website when my pc/phone needs to send/upload the bits of data, then it becomes a big problem, for instance:

- resetting tpg community p/w a few minutes ago, it took a few times after errors

- uploading speedtest screenshot for you, it took ages and then i cancelled it 

- internet banking (westpac, ...), intermittent when doing the transactions

- the same sympton on ebay when it comes to the paypal transaction process .....

I am now using different ADSL modem (huawei hg532d) since this morning thinking of the newer modem (tplink archer vr600v2) might be the cause, but the result is the same, poor upload speed (zero to 0.01Mbps).

Just FYI, there was thunderstorm yesterday morning in my area, do you think it might affect the copper connection along the line?