TPG Community

Get online support

Wireless Broadband Very Slow

Winston
Level 2

Happy New Year,

I am concerned about the speed of my wireless broadband recently. Before the new year, shifting from wired NBN, I enjoyed the speed (avg. of 18 Mbps) and its convenience because it is wireless and not needing additional wi-fi signal booster because I can relocate the hybrid router. However after more than a month using the wireless broadband, the speed starts to dwindle down (max. of 10 Mbps to lower than 5 Mbps), considering that my hybrid router/modem is near the window were I get max signal, is there any signal problems from TPG? I always thought the risk of being wireless is the signal limitations/intermittent speed but currently I cannot even use email to send a simple message. It would be worrisome if for instance I need to work from home because my internet speed is very bad.

3 REPLIES 3
Cjj
Level 2
Level 2
I have the same problem as Winston. Through the day the speed will usually be quite high (10-20 Mbps). But often drops to the same numbers as in Winston's screenshot and stays slow for several hours.

This will happen when the router signal light still shows >50%, which makes me think the slowdown is not due to poor signal
Shane

Thanks for arising this to us, @Winston.

I'd love to help get to the bottom of this, send me a Private Message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) also include your best contact number and preferred time. We'll have one of our Technicians to contact you for real-time test and investigation.

Regards,

Happy New Year,

I am concerned about the speed of my wireless broadband recently. Before the new year, shifting from wired NBN, I enjoyed the speed (avg. of 18 Mbps) and its convenience because it is wireless and not needing additional wi-fi signal booster because I can relocate the hybrid router. However after more than a month using the wireless broadband, the speed starts to dwindle down (max. of 10 Mbps to lower than 5 Mbps), considering that my hybrid router/modem is near the window were I get max signal, is there any signal problems from TPG? I always thought the risk of being wireless is the signal limitations/intermittent speed but currently I cannot even use email to send a simple message. It would be worrisome if for instance I need to work from home because my internet speed is very bad.

Shane

Hey @Cjj,

Send me your account details together with your contact details and we'll have our Technical Team to contact you for real-time test and investigation.

Regards

I have the same problem as Winston. Through the day the speed will usually be quite high (10-20 Mbps). But often drops to the same numbers as in Winston's screenshot and stays slow for several hours.

This will happen when the router signal light still shows >50%, which makes me think the slowdown is not due to poor signal