TPG Community

Get online support

cant send email, say I'm banned

LORDY4MACKAY
Level 2

Please help!!

I keep getting the following message 

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 535 5.7.8 [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse. Please verify that your email address is correct in your account settings and try again.

We've tried everything, TPG please help!!

4 REPLIES 4
peter_k

Hi

If you can't send email using your Email Client but can send through our Postoffice, chances are your email address have been blocked from using our SMTP server.

You may get the following error message when sending email.

For MAC: Rejected by the SMTP Server

For Windows: Banned from using SMTP

Our SMTP Server automatically blocks and the Postmaster can manually block email address from sending email using SMTP for security purposes.

Most common issue is when an email address is been compromised and being use for the following:

• TPG SMTP servers detected that the email address is sending spam emails, virus or malware.
  • TPG SMTP server has detected that your account is sending message to a large number of recipients; Unsolicited bulk email (UBE) / Unsolicited commercial email (UCE).
  • TPG SMTP Server has detected that your email has been used with a foreign IP Address “overseas”.

You can follow the simple steps below to fix this issue:

Change you TPG account password online: https://www.tpg.com.au/home/myaccount

After changing the password. Wait for 15-30 minutes before sending an email.

It would also be advisable to run a Virus scan on your computer.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Regards,

Peter

LORDY4MACKAY
Level 2

Thank Peter,

All of your suggestions have been done a good few times, to no avail. Its doing my head in!!

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Smiley Sad

skcusime
Level 3

• TPG SMTP Server has detected that your email has been used with a foreign IP Address “overseas”.

Are you using a VPN by any chance?

LORDY4MACKAY
Level 2

No, Im not using a vpn.

I might just have to suck it up and create a new email addy.

Just such a bother as I have a small business att to this address.