TPG Community

Get online support

experiencing high ping to a sydney server for the last week

albanydreams
Level 2

This is within FFXIV - attempting to access the game servers based in sydney has resulted in traffic being sent to the USA and back. Friends using other ISPs are not experiencing the same issues which leads me to believe it's an ISP-based routing issue after last week's floods. 

A tracert can be found below - for reference, I usually receive less than 20 ping to this server but have had a constant 170+ since last week. Happy to provide further information if needed!

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hey, @albanydreams

Let's go ahead and fix this, could you send us a PM with your details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) so we can proceed with the initial investigation.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

This is within FFXIV - attempting to access the game servers based in sydney has resulted in traffic being sent to the USA and back. Friends using other ISPs are not experiencing the same issues which leads me to believe it's an ISP-based routing issue after last week's floods. 

A tracert can be found below - for reference, I usually receive less than 20 ping to this server but have had a constant 170+ since last week. Happy to provide further information if needed!