TPG Community

Get online support

extremely poor connection of 5G home broadband

gz627
Level 2

Hi,

I've been experiencing a very poor connection recently with the 5G broadband. Here attached are the speed test results.

Also can check this link https://www.speedtest.net/result/14738302508 .

Could it be the problem of the router?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Angeli

Hi @gz627

We'll help you improve the service speed. Is this your speed test result via WIFI? Do you have a wired connection where you can also check the speed, so we can see the difference? When you tested the speed, are you connected to 2.4 or 5Ghz on the WIFI? 

Regards, 

Angeli

gz627
Level 2
Hi Angeli,

The speedtest.net result was tested on my pc through wired connection. The other two were from my phone using 5GHz signal. I don't really use 2.4GHz signal because all channels are crowded and jammed near my place.
Believe me I tried everything but nothing worked. This started a few days ago all of a sudden so I think it has nothing to do with my configuration. In the past I can get at least 70-80 Mbps anytime. Now the speed only is restored in the early morning for a while and then starts dropping and dropping. I can't even play a 1080p video on YouTube at night on my pc (wired connection).
Is there any maintenance or repair near Riverwood currently? Does that affect my signal?

Thanks.
Angeli

Hi @gz627

Please send me a private message with your TPG customer ID and I will check if your area is affected by an outage or planned maintenance. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Angeli