TPG Community

Get online support

signal strength 0% but good download speed

beyerstefan
Level 3

Hi,
I got my modem for the 4G broadband connection. It kind of works. However, if I login to the admin page of the modem, basic status page shows at signal strength 0% (sometimes 25%)
The connection seems to be fine and I get 16-18 Mbps download speeds with the usual test sites.
So why is this 'signal strength' ? and why is it 0
PS: the 4G led is red quite often, the odd thing whilie it is red, I get speeds of 18 Mbps, while it is off they are usually around 16 ?

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @beyerstefan ,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

0% Signal Strength or Red 4G Light means that the modem/router is struggling to get a reception, I suggest to move or relocate the modem/router, it would be best if it is placed near the window.

Let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

@beyerstefan wrote:

Hi,
I got my modem for the 4G broadband connection. It kind of works. However, if I login to the admin page of the modem, basic status page shows at signal strength 0% (sometimes 25%)
The connection seems to be fine and I get 16-18 Mbps download speeds with the usual test sites.
So why is this 'signal strength' ? and why is it 0
PS: the 4G led is red quite often, the odd thing whilie it is red, I get speeds of 18 Mbps, while it is off they are usually around 16 ?

beyerstefan
Level 3

Thanks, I did read about the location in the FAQ and tried different spots. They seem all similar.
My question goes more in the direction why is it red and 0% but still I have very high data rates?

Shane

It is possible that it is caused by the modem/router itself. I'd like to confirm what troubleshooting have you performed so far?

Thanks, I did read about the location in the FAQ and tried different spots. They seem all similar.
My question goes more in the direction why is it red and 0% but still I have very high data rates?