TPG Community

Get online support

Blocking incoming calls - home phone (VOIP presumably)

Jay888
Level 2

Good day,

I recall in 2018 a person asked how to block incoming calls that are a nuisance and the reply was that TPG does not offer that capability.

Does it offer that now, or still not?

I head that Telstra does and as I am getting regular bothersome calls, for that reason alone I am happy to change providers if TPG cannot assist me.

FYI, I use a panasonic cordless phone, model KX-TG6822ALB and can identify the number.

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @Jay888 ,

At the moment TPG do not have a feature to block a certain number. But you may consider reporting the numbers to ACMA via this link: http://donotcall.gov.au. If you have a handset that has an option to block in coming call you may also use it.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

@Jay888 wrote:

Good day,

I recall in 2018 a person asked how to block incoming calls that are a nuisance and the reply was that TPG does not offer that capability.

Does it offer that now, or still not?

I head that Telstra does and as I am getting regular bothersome calls, for that reason alone I am happy to change providers if TPG cannot assist me.

FYI, I use a panasonic cordless phone, model KX-TG6822ALB and can identify the number.

Jay888
Level 2

Thanks for the reply. The handset I was told could block incoming numbers by Telstra subscribers pre NBN and I understand also with NBN. Blocking I understand is a function of both the handset and the telco.

i will try the DNC register but doubt I'll have luck as online I cannot see an opportunity to list an offending number. It seems to be a generic telemarketer blocking site. In my case the offender is not a telemarketer but is someone I know.