TPG Community

Get online support

Delay in connecting after dialling

SOLVED Go to solution
drawood
Level 3

Why is it taking longer when I dial out before the phone rings? For the last 12 months or so, it is usually about 7-8 seconds after I finish dialling a number for I get the ring tone.

Lately it is now anything up to 20 seconds and often then no ring tome but the other person answers.

At times nothing happens at all after about 20 seconds so I have to start all over again to dial a number.

Why is this happening? I would appreciate your help.

Anthony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
drawood
Level 3

Dear Shane,

I am sending this email to you from my tpg address as well to make sure you get it.

I wanted to thank you for following up the matter of the slowness in a call registering after I dialled it.

Mark from tpg just called me and told me after the last number add the hash and it would solve the problem.

Mark was so helpful. We did a test and it worked perfectly. I have since dialled another number and it works fine.

I am so appreciative to you for your help. I hope you get these messages from me. It isi important to me that I thank you.

Cheers

Anthony

Thanks

Anthony

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @drawood ,

Thanks for raising this to us, we'd love to help and get to the bottom of this. We'd like to confirm the troubleshooting steps that has been done. Also, shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) also include your best contact number and preferred time. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@drawood wrote:

Why is it taking longer when I dial out before the phone rings? For the last 12 months or so, it is usually about 7-8 seconds after I finish dialling a number for I get the ring tone.

Lately it is now anything up to 20 seconds and often then no ring tome but the other person answers.

At times nothing happens at all after about 20 seconds so I have to start all over again to dial a number.

Why is this happening? I would appreciate your help.

Anthony

drawood
Level 3

Dear Shane,

I cannot see how to send a private message here in the community so I have set you a private message as a reply to the message you sent me to my tpg email address.

I hope we can make contact this way.

Forgive me. I am old and not computer savvy.

Anthony

drawood
Level 3

Dear Shane,

I am sending this email to you from my tpg address as well to make sure you get it.

I wanted to thank you for following up the matter of the slowness in a call registering after I dialled it.

Mark from tpg just called me and told me after the last number add the hash and it would solve the problem.

Mark was so helpful. We did a test and it worked perfectly. I have since dialled another number and it works fine.

I am so appreciative to you for your help. I hope you get these messages from me. It isi important to me that I thank you.

Cheers

Anthony

Thanks

Anthony

Shane

Hi @drawood,

I am glad to learn that the issue with your phone service has been resolved, you are always welcome. Do not hesitate to create a new thread here in the community for any concern or inquiry.

Cheers!

Dear Shane,

Cheers

Anthony

Thanks

Anthony