TPG Community

Get online support

Dial tone but no phone service.

SOLVED Go to solution
bazza35
Level 2

I have   connected to the internet with new modem, but there is no phone service. I have dial tone, but cannot make outgoing calls. When number is called from my mobile I get a message not connected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
orbistat
Level 8

Hi @bazza35 Welcome to the community, if your connection is new you need to allow up to a few working days for number porting depending on your previous operator. The dial tone is generated from within the modem so it's normal to hear it even without an active service.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
orbistat
Level 8

Hi @bazza35 Welcome to the community, if your connection is new you need to allow up to a few working days for number porting depending on your previous operator. The dial tone is generated from within the modem so it's normal to hear it even without an active service.

Erika

Hi @bazza35,

Welcome to the Community! 

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to the Community and sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your homephone service. 

I've located your account using your Community details and can see that the porting of your number has been completed. I've also just ran a remote line test and this shows no physical issue on the line.  

I would recommend that we have one of our technicians give you a call to resolve your issue as your service may be affected by other factors.

Please let us know your best time and contact number via PM so I can get a technician to call you.

For your reference, please see this hyperlink on How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 

Erika

Hi @bazza35

Thanks for sending your details via Private Message. 

I've now arranged a call today from one of our technicians between 2:00pm - 3:00pm. We would appreciate if you'll be at home during the time of call as our technicians would like carry out simple checks with you to eliminate any possible equipment issue. If this time is not suitable, please let us know and we'll have this rearrange for you. 

Cheers!