TPG Community

Get online support

Home Phone Not Working

vnn2022
Level 2

Hi, 

I changed routers a few months ago from Huawei 695 to TP-Link VX220-G2v.  (Both were provided by TPG)

I just noticed today that my landline phone is not working (I think it never worked under TP-Link).  It was working fine under Huawei.

Is there a special configuration I need to do to make it work with TP-Link?

When I check for a dial tone, I get an ordinary dial tone for about 10 seconds then it goes beep beep beep.

When I call my landline the message I get is "The call could not be connected at this time. Please try again later. OCA 0188" 

Screenshot attached.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @vnn2022 ,

Let us proceed with the investigation and make the home phone working, could you send us a PM with your details?

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi, 

I changed routers a few months ago from Huawei 695 to TP-Link VX220-G2v.  (Both were provided by TPG)

I just noticed today that my landline phone is not working (I think it never worked under TP-Link).  It was working fine under Huawei.

Is there a special configuration I need to do to make it work with TP-Link?

When I check for a dial tone, I get an ordinary dial tone for about 10 seconds then it goes beep beep beep.

When I call my landline the message I get is "The call could not be connected at this time. Please try again later. OCA 0188" 

Screenshot attached.

Thanks