TPG Community

Get online support

Home phone prepaid issues

djordan92
Level 2
After a nightmare getting the home phone porting correctly installed (thankyou ombudsman) my home phone can now receive incoming calls.

However, as I was unaware you have to add a $10 pre paid value to the account to allow to make local calls (even though I am paying $90 per month which includes free local and national calls) I am unable to make any phone calls.

I have added the necessary $10, then received an email from customer service saying this will be added to the next billing cycle (25.09.2021) and then I will be able to access the free local and international calls service from 02.10.2021

This is 1 month from now. Why do I have to wait a month, before being able to use this service? I am happy to have the $10 debited right now if that allows us to use the service correctly.

We have been paying for a service since early August, yet it won't be until the start of October before we will be able to use the 'unlimited free local and nationals calls' as advertised.

Please, please can someone assist in having this resolved. It is very misleading to have a package advertised this way, yet poorly explained the additional steps required to use the home phone service.

Thankyou
1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @djordan92,

I can see that you have been in contact with the Assigned Complaints Resoltuion Case Manager handling the case and provided the update related to this issue. This is now under investigation, I will chase this with the team for additional reference, expect them to contact you via SMS or Phone call. You may also reach them via return email.

Regards,

After a nightmare getting the home phone porting correctly installed (thankyou ombudsman) my home phone can now receive incoming calls.

However, as I was unaware you have to add a $10 pre paid value to the account to allow to make local calls (even though I am paying $90 per month which includes free local and national calls) I am unable to make any phone calls.

I have added the necessary $10, then received an email from customer service saying this will be added to the next billing cycle (25.09.2021) and then I will be able to access the free local and international calls service from 02.10.2021

This is 1 month from now. Why do I have to wait a month, before being able to use this service? I am happy to have the $10 debited right now if that allows us to use the service correctly.

We have been paying for a service since early August, yet it won't be until the start of October before we will be able to use the 'unlimited free local and nationals calls' as advertised.

Please, please can someone assist in having this resolved. It is very misleading to have a package advertised this way, yet poorly explained the additional steps required to use the home phone service.

Thankyou