TPG Community

Get online support

How to report a line fault - home landline

SOLVED Go to solution
St33ly
Level 2

Our home phone is currently making some very strange noises instead of a dial tone (when picked up), our area is getting very close to being ready for NBN, there were some tech's working in the pit across the road yesterday, and since then, we have the noise.

The strange thing is that the DSL connection is fine, have performed all the isolation tests with no joy, I suspect something got bumped on our pair by the workmen.

I was able to report a fault through here last time it happened, is that still the case?

Can provide account details etc via PM if needed.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @St33ly. Thanks for sending me your details. We're able to locate the account and ran an initial test to the service it shows a possible line fault causing dropouts on the service. We'd like to confirm if the home phone is having buzzing noise or no service at all, it affects the connection of your Standalone ADSL2+ service with TPG. If so, we recommend to contact your Home phone provider to check the line.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Shane

Hi @St33ly ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us. We'd love to help see what causing static noise with the home phone service.

Feel free to send us your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

In case you need a reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Cheers!

St33ly
Level 2

Thanks Shane, PM sent!

Shane

Hi @St33ly. Thanks for sending me your details. We're able to locate the account and ran an initial test to the service it shows a possible line fault causing dropouts on the service. We'd like to confirm if the home phone is having buzzing noise or no service at all, it affects the connection of your Standalone ADSL2+ service with TPG. If so, we recommend to contact your Home phone provider to check the line.

St33ly
Level 2
Thanks Shane Yes, buzzing noises and internet dropouts, I actually thought our phone was with you, but I've just been informed it's iprimus, I'll contact them, thanks very much for your help. St33ly
Shane

Hi @St33ly,

You're welcome! Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

robertjbarker1
Level 2

The reception is noisy and we have dropouts.

The fault is probably water on the line, but who do I report it to nowadays?

Shane

Hi @robertjbarker1,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us, here is an article that you may find helpful. This will guide you a basic troubleshooting with the home phone issues.

Please see the link below.

Search all content Troubleshooting Problems with TPG Home Phone Calls

If the issue still persist, drop me a private mssage with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

Also include your best contact number and preferred time.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

The reception is noisy and we have dropouts.

The fault is probably water on the line, but who do I report it to nowadays?