TPG Community

Get online support

NBN connected, I can call out but not call in...

rickjames
Level 2

Hi

I had NBN connected 2 days ago

We requested to keep the same home ph number, and it reflects that # - via my online account info.

I pick up my home ph, have dial tone, can call out successfully to my mobile and have conversation.

BUT if I try and call our home ph landline number from my mobile, it gives the ringing tone through my mobile speaker, but my Home phone does not actually ring....., i cannot pickup the call from my landline home ph

10 REPLIES 10
Shane

Hi @rickjames.

We're able to locate your account using your community details and we've seen that your NBN service has been activated last Thursday, 14th of February. Please be advised that an incoming call is temporary unavailable due to the porting of your home phone number.

Porting Progress takes 1-5 working days from the day of your service has been activated.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

rickjames
Level 2

Thanks Shane

I found it weird that I could call out, but not call to the phone....

I'll give it a few days

Cheers

Shane

You're always welcome, rickjames. Let us know how it will go. Cheers!

rickjames
Level 2

Hi Shane & Team

Its been over 5 days, and I still cannot receive a call on our home telephone

(We can call out, but not receive)

Rica_R

Hi @rickjames,

We're sorry to hear about the trouble on your incoming call. Upon checking on your account, the porting status for your account is still in progress as of this time. Porting process starts after the day of the service activation and takes within 1-5 working days to complete.

Should you require any further assistance, please let us know.

Regards, 

rickjames
Level 2

Ah my bad,

I'm calculating 5 days as of today, but if your saying 'working' days - I'll take that as business days.... - I'll have to wait a few more days then....

Still - is it not weird that I can call out OK

But that calling to the ph doesnt work....

Rica_R

My apologies for the confusion @rickjames. Yes, we were referring to 1-5 Business days for the porting to be completed. 

During porting period, all incoming calls are not possible since we are awaiting for your number to be transferred from previous provider to the gaining provider. 

Should you require any further assistance, please let us know. Thank you. 

rickjames
Level 2

Hi there

Its been over 5 working days now, and we still cannot call to the house phone

Will

Hi @rickjames

We apologize for the delay in porting the number to TPG. I have checked this with our Porting Team and we're expecting it to be completed by the end of the business day on Monday  (February 25).

I'll monitor the progress of the case and will let you know via this thread.

Regards,