TPG Community

Get online support

Ongoing issues with home phone since install in October. Very poor service.

1carmelo
Level 2

So the story begins, I arranged for my parent to swap to the NBN with TPG as I have been with them for many years without issue. So back in October 2020 they received the Equipment which i installed without issue, By the way my backround is Ex Telstra Technician of 15 Years. As soon as I picked up the phone I realised there was an issue as the Voice was chopping in and out. I reported this after talking to Troy from customer service ( He has been fantastic through the whole time) it was decided to replace the modem. No change, then a Technician came out, could not fault it at the time, made some adjusments at the time. NO CHANGE. Since then i have had multiple calls from Troy and a few others who have apparently made some network adjusments after I have given them informantion on the calls whic had issues, eg. Times of calls, incoming, outgoing. Apparently the calls have been monitored.

From what I can see there seems to be an issue with Packet Loss as there is alot of Clipping and choping of the call. At times there are also no incoming calls and unaable to make ougoing calls and you can even hear ring tone when you are on a call to someone. 

As far as i am concerned my Elderly Parents who are 86 & 90 are paying for a service they are not receiving and are very frustrated as the home phone is so important to them.

This is not good enough, Im sure in TWO AND A HALF Months this should of been rectified. I would appreciate it if this could be escalated as this is just not acceptable. Ticket Number is10970585.

The only positive is Troy from customer service has been very supportive through this experience, but unfortunately it is out of his hands.

3 REPLIES 3
Riezl

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this ongoing issue is causing you and your parents, @1carmelo.  We have made a follow up with our Engineering Team and we have also forwarded your message to them.

We can see that they are still coordinating this matter with NBN Co. and we'll make sure that you will be contacted as soon as a new update becomes available. We'll also monitor this and keep you posted for any update.

1carmelo
Level 2

Another week goes by still no resolution!! Its getting to the point i am cosidering contacting the the Telecommunication Ombudsmen. Serioulsy this has been going on since October!!!

Riezl

We sincerely apologise for the trouble. We'll raise your concern to our Complaints Resolution Team and a Complaints Resolution Case Manager will be in touch via email or phone call to further discuss the matter.