TPG Community

Get online support

Porting of home phone voice service - A carer who can no longer care or provide medical assistance

fkamaritis1951
Level 2

We churned from another provider to TPG  in late nov 21

As part of churning to TPG we needed to keep our home phone service as i am a carer and also require it for medical reasons. It was extremely important that the landline remain active. 

Here we are 3 weeks later and now being informed that TPG tried to port the service from IINet on 3 occassions and it failed. TPG has blamed IINet. I called IInet and they have informed me that they would have done nothing to block the port of the service. 

We have contacted TPG services on 4 occassions now explaining the severity and importance of getting the service active. On three of those occassions TPG has informed us that they were blocked from transfering the service from IINet. The call I received today was to inform me that TPG cant transfer the number. 

How is this possible ?? 3 weeks to port a NBN landline service that is required for medical reasons and no one can explain the situation or what is going on. The call I got today was to infrom me the number cant be ported and TPG will provide a new number. This is not acceptable in this case. 

I just need the number active and the service available to me. As a carer I cannot continue to not have a landline and I need to be contactable

The importance of this service being rectified can literally be a matter of life and death and no one from TPG can explain the situation. This is extremely poor to say the least and I hope other customers read this as a caution before signing over to TPG. 
I hope management within TPG review this question and ask staff as to why a carer is unable to provide care due to the failure of the TPG organisation. 
I need answers TPG not excuses 
Please reinstate my number and my landline service so I can provide the much needed care to the two individuals I care for 

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Welcome to the community!

I am sad to learn that there is an issue porting the old number to your TPG service, I 'd like to take this opportunity to help and get to the bottom of this. To better understand the home phone porting situation, send me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

We churned from another provider to TPG  in late nov 21

As part of churning to TPG we needed to keep our home phone service as i am a carer and also require it for medical reasons. It was extremely important that the landline remain active. 

Here we are 3 weeks later and now being informed that TPG tried to port the service from IINet on 3 occassions and it failed. TPG has blamed IINet. I called IInet and they have informed me that they would have done nothing to block the port of the service. 

We have contacted TPG services on 4 occassions now explaining the severity and importance of getting the service active. On three of those occassions TPG has informed us that they were blocked from transfering the service from IINet. The call I received today was to inform me that TPG cant transfer the number. 

How is this possible ?? 3 weeks to port a NBN landline service that is required for medical reasons and no one can explain the situation or what is going on. The call I got today was to infrom me the number cant be ported and TPG will provide a new number. This is not acceptable in this case. 

I just need the number active and the service available to me. As a carer I cannot continue to not have a landline and I need to be contactable

The importance of this service being rectified can literally be a matter of life and death and no one from TPG can explain the situation. This is extremely poor to say the least and I hope other customers read this as a caution before signing over to TPG. 
I hope management within TPG review this question and ask staff as to why a carer is unable to provide care due to the failure of the TPG organisation. 
I need answers TPG not excuses 
Please reinstate my number and my landline service so I can provide the much needed care to the two individuals I care for 

fkamaritis1951
Level 2

For all of those who read this I wanted to demonstarte the incompetance of TPG. 

At this time I still dont have a landline service 

They cancelled my old landline number blaming my previous provider. This had nothing to do with the provider and essentially TPG lost my number I had for over 20 years. This has had a major effect in my role of a carer for two people. 

I accepted he case they lost my number and have just requested the service with a new number. To this time I still dont have a functioning / working landline. I am not contactable by two elderly people who dont have a mobile phones. 

TPG only want to respond via private messages so the public dont see the horrendous customer service I have received. 

If the old number has been lost I dont care just give me a working landline which is part of my package. 

TPG what are the answers to this and lets not leave this in private messages that dont get answered I am happy for you reply to this message publically so other potential custmers can see your response. 

No need to hide behind messaging when you should be displayng how you treat customers in public. 

Show the public and your customers how you can severly impede the lives. 

fkamaritis1951
Level 2

To add to my previous comments 

on the 16th Dec I was contacted by someone (private message) that stated this will get sorted out - Nothing came of this 

on the 19th Dec I was contacted by someone else via private message in which they stated they will get back to me within 24 hours 

I then followed up 23rd Dec and they have written another private message stating they will come back to me within 24 hours 

WORST CUSOMER SERVICE EVER !!!! 

Shane

Hi @fkamaritis1951. The porting of the old number failed due to an ongoing porting using the same number. Our Provisioning Team tried multiple times to resubmit the porting hence it failed, on this particular situation TPG do not have control with the porting of the existing number is being allocated to a different service. 

At the moment the allocation of a new phone number is still in progress and currently under investigation, we do not have updates yet available but we'll relay information when it becomes available. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Regards,

For all of those who read this I wanted to demonstarte the incompetance of TPG. 

At this time I still dont have a landline service 

They cancelled my old landline number blaming my previous provider. This had nothing to do with the provider and essentially TPG lost my number I had for over 20 years. This has had a major effect in my role of a carer for two people. 

I accepted he case they lost my number and have just requested the service with a new number. To this time I still dont have a functioning / working landline. I am not contactable by two elderly people who dont have a mobile phones. 

TPG only want to respond via private messages so the public dont see the horrendous customer service I have received. 

If the old number has been lost I dont care just give me a working landline which is part of my package. 

TPG what are the answers to this and lets not leave this in private messages that dont get answered I am happy for you reply to this message publically so other potential custmers can see your response. 

No need to hide behind messaging when you should be displayng how you treat customers in public. 

Show the public and your customers how you can severly impede the lives. 

To add to my previous comments 

on the 16th Dec I was contacted by someone (private message) that stated this will get sorted out - Nothing came of this 

on the 19th Dec I was contacted by someone else via private message in which they stated they will get back to me within 24 hours 

I then followed up 23rd Dec and they have written another private message stating they will come back to me within 24 hours 

WORST CUSOMER SERVICE EVER !!!! 

fkamaritis1951
Level 2

Still dont have a home landline service

4 weeks after signing up to TPG 

Warning for all potential customers this is how TPG like to treat their customers 

Customers who have indicated that a home landline is vital for caring for people. 
4 weeks and I have been uncontactable