TPG Community

Get online support

Porting phone number AWAY from TPG

Dan1972
Level 2

Hi my service has not been working for over a month and I can't get TPG to fix it.

We are now past the point of no return and I now need to port my number to VOIP a carrier.

Inorder to do that, they need TPG to release the number and remove any dependant services (like internet or fax/duet) but don't cancel line rental. 

TPG refuse to do this and help, you keep charging me every month for some thing that does not work and moreover, I need my phone number.

Please urgently advise how I can proceed.

Thanks

Daniel

7 REPLIES 7
KarlB

Hi @Dan1972,

Welcome to the community,

I'm not 100% sure of the process, but if you PM me your details I will try and find the right department for you.

Full Name, CID, Mobile number, DOB and the Number you are trying to port

Regards,

Karl

Dan1972
Level 2

Karl,

I don't know how to do that or what you mean.

Can you call me on 0414 371 880. I need this to happen today please.

Many thanks

Daniel

KarlB

Hi @Dan1972,

You can send me a PM by clicking on my username "KarlB" above and clicking "Send a Message"

Regards,

Karl

KarlB

Hi @Dan1972,

I have requested for our Engineering Team to investigate and requested for someone to call you back ASAP with an update.

Regards,

Karl

Dan1972
Level 2

Hi Karl,

I have sen the details you are after, pleas elet me know the next step.

Thanks

Dan

Dan1972
Level 2

Thanks Karl

A cancellation request has just been emailed to me, is this what I must accept and do.

I just do not want to lose the phone number.

Please confirm as the carrier I am porting to and your call centre last night, has explicitly said not to cancel the service or I will lose the number. Please confirm.

Thanks

KarlB

Hi @Dan1972,

I’m not sure why a cancellation request was emailed, please disregard the cancellation email. I have requested for our Engineering Team to investigate and requested for someone to call you back ASAP.

Regards,

Karl