VoLTE

SOLVED Go to solution
JeffS
Level 2

Is VoLTE currently enabled on the TPG network or do I have to do something about
my phone? I would like to know if my phone will continue working after the 15th
Dec 2023.

phone: Sony Xperia 1 II XQ-AT52
Network specs say: GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G

When I follow instructions from a Sony web page for this phone, Under settings there is no option for enabling VoLTE
However if I enter an Android dialer code there is an option to enablle VoLTE, however this option is greyed out.
Not sure if it is greyed out because the service is not yet available on the network or the phone does not support it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JeffS
Level 2

Thanks fo the quick reply.
Had a look at the link you provided. It looks like TPG only supports 3 of the Sony phones (Xperia X, Xperia Z3, Xperia Z5).
As I mentioned in my original question I have a Xperia I II.
The specifications for the phone says VoLTE is supported, but following instructions from Sony's web page there is not an option to enable VoLTE under the settings menu.
There is an option to enable VoLTE in the dialer codes but it is disabled.
The IMS service status screen indicates:
   IMS registration: Not registered
   Voice over LTE: Unavailable

This seems to indicate that the profile for my phone is not enabled on the TPG network.
I guess that I will have to look around for a solution

Thanks again for the rely

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @JeffS 

TPG Mobile is VoLTE ready. To use Voice over LTE you need a device that’s compatible and enabled.

We created an article that you may find helpful please see the link below.

TPG Mobile - Voice over LTE (VoLTE)

Regards,

Is VoLTE currently enabled on the TPG network or do I have to do something about
my phone? I would like to know if my phone will continue working after the 15th
Dec 2023.

phone: Sony Xperia 1 II XQ-AT52
Network specs say: GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G

When I follow instructions from a Sony web page for this phone, Under settings there is no option for enabling VoLTE
However if I enter an Android dialer code there is an option to enablle VoLTE, however this option is greyed out.
Not sure if it is greyed out because the service is not yet available on the network or the phone does not support it.

JeffS
Level 2

Thanks fo the quick reply.
Had a look at the link you provided. It looks like TPG only supports 3 of the Sony phones (Xperia X, Xperia Z3, Xperia Z5).
As I mentioned in my original question I have a Xperia I II.
The specifications for the phone says VoLTE is supported, but following instructions from Sony's web page there is not an option to enable VoLTE under the settings menu.
There is an option to enable VoLTE in the dialer codes but it is disabled.
The IMS service status screen indicates:
   IMS registration: Not registered
   Voice over LTE: Unavailable

This seems to indicate that the profile for my phone is not enabled on the TPG network.
I guess that I will have to look around for a solution

Thanks again for the rely