TPG Community

Get online support

Weird problems - phone does not ring, but lights up, and more!

SOLVED Go to solution
adslimq2
Level 2

Not sure when it started - at least a couple of weeks ago.  The land line phone lights up, but does not ring.  Nothing has been altered to cause this.

More info -

I've checked the settings.  It's not muted.

I've tried a different phone.  Same thing happens.

We can call out on the phone, BUT sometimes the mobile we call will show a different number calling!

The phone is only needed for our Bosch alarm system to call us.  I've tested that and it still works.

We have an answering system on the phone.  That used to cut in after 2-3 rings, but doesn't now.

A couple of weeks ago the phone started to just ring once, then stop.  Now it doesn't ring at all.

We haven't changed anything!

How do I investigate and/or fix this?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @adslimq2,

I'd like to inform you that Telstra have told us they have booked a technician to check your TPG service anytime between now and 04/Oct/2018. Your attendance is NOT required.

Rest assured feedback will be provided by our Engineering Team where is available.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Shane

Hi @adslimq2,

Welcome to the community!

I was able to locate your account using your community details.

Allow me to run initial tests on your home phone service and get back to you as soon as I got the test result.

Cheers!

adslimq2
Level 2

Thank you!

Shane

Hi @adslimq2,

Test result shows a possible line fault causing home phone not to work. I will raise this to our Engineering Team for further test and investigation.

Assessment may take 24-48hrs and updates will be provided via SMS or a phone call.

Kindly PM me your best contact number and preferred time.

In case you need a reference: How to send a PM.

Regards,

adslimq2
Level 2

That's good news.  I thought I was going mad(der).

Shane

Don't you worry, @adslimq2. Our Engineering team will take it from here and they will contact you directly as soon as we get an update. 

Shane

Hi @adslimq2,

I'd like to inform you that Telstra have told us they have booked a technician to check your TPG service anytime between now and 04/Oct/2018. Your attendance is NOT required.

Rest assured feedback will be provided by our Engineering Team where is available.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

adslimq2
Level 2

Hi Shane,

Just to thank you - all fixed.  The line and ADSL went completely down for a few hours, presumably while it was being sorted.

Now phone and net are back to normal.

Cheers!

Erika

Hi @adslimq2

Thanks for updating us! 

That's great to know that the services are back up and running. 

Let us know should you need further assistance. 

Regards,