TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR 1600 Modem Connectivity Issues

rhamlin2016
Level 2

Dear Sir/Ma'am

I have been using the TP Link Archer VR1600 modem for a year or so now. Over this time it has provided us an NBN connection that works well about 60-70% of the time but regularly crashes and the WIFI it produces has intermittency problems.

The WIFI will cut off connectivity to our mobile phones once a day or more. The ethernet connection is more reliable however it regularly drops out (5-10 times per week).

A family member who is also a TPG customer used to have the TP Link Archer 1600 also. He was upgraded to the TP Link VX420-G2V and has since had no trouble.

Could we be upgraded to the TP Link VX420-G2V please.

Let me know if you may require further detail

Kind Regards

Robert

rhamlin2016

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hey, @rhamlin2016.

Welcome to the community!

The Wireless Dropout could be caused by Wireless Interference here are some articles that you may find helpful.

We can request to upgrade the current modem/router however there will be a fee of $99.95 for the Brandnew modem + $10.00 shipping fee.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

Dear Sir/Ma'am

I have been using the TP Link Archer VR1600 modem for a year or so now. Over this time it has provided us an NBN connection that works well about 60-70% of the time but regularly crashes and the WIFI it produces has intermittency problems.

The WIFI will cut off connectivity to our mobile phones once a day or more. The ethernet connection is more reliable however it regularly drops out (5-10 times per week).

A family member who is also a TPG customer used to have the TP Link Archer 1600 also. He was upgraded to the TP Link VX420-G2V and has since had no trouble.

Could we be upgraded to the TP Link VX420-G2V please.

Let me know if you may require further detail

Kind Regards

Robert

rhamlin2016