TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600v Firmware v1 Update - Nothing for 3 yrs

dshenker
Level 2

I have had Archer VR1600v for 3 yrs and from what I can gather searching the Community my firmware is still current :

Firmware :0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n

Hardware : Archer VR1600v v1 00000000

1. Why do you not provide a listing for current firmware, this would save you having to answer this question again and again

2. Most router vendors have updated their firmware many times over the past 3 yrs due to security concerns, upgrades, ..... This is a dangerous situation for all users and needs to be properly addressed, as I am sure TP-Link/TPG routers do NOT have perfect security

Ever since I received the router/modem the Wifi 2.4G band stops operating ( 5G is fine ) and I need to reboot the router. I did set up the Auto-Reboot to reboot every 3 days at 4am, to a large extent this solves the problem, but occassionaly I still need to manually reboot. Any assistance would be appreciated

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dshenker,

1. All TPG supplied modem/router comes with our own custom firmware and the only option to check and to get the updated version is to check it manually and to deliver it OTA.

2. TPG loads it's custom firmware on our NBN modem/router so that it can match with the system we use to provide you with TPG NBN internet and homephone. This is also done for added security and privacy of the connection.

Shoot us a PM with your details so we can request to update the firmware of the modem. Just to set your expectation the auto-reboot feature is not supported by our supplied Archer VR1600v.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

I have had Archer VR1600v for 3 yrs and from what I can gather searching the Community my firmware is still current :

Firmware :0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n

Hardware : Archer VR1600v v1 00000000

1. Why do you not provide a listing for current firmware, this would save you having to answer this question again and again

2. Most router vendors have updated their firmware many times over the past 3 yrs due to security concerns, upgrades, ..... This is a dangerous situation for all users and needs to be properly addressed, as I am sure TP-Link/TPG routers do NOT have perfect security

Ever since I received the router/modem the Wifi 2.4G band stops operating ( 5G is fine ) and I need to reboot the router. I did set up the Auto-Reboot to reboot every 3 days at 4am, to a large extent this solves the problem, but occassionaly I still need to manually reboot. Any assistance would be appreciated