TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600v keeps freezing

Harmont
Level 2

Occasionally my modem freezes dropping all connections. LEDs stay on, but all devices lose LAN/WAN access. Router IP address doesn't even respond to ping. So I have to keep resetting it. I thought I'd check logs, but they get wiped every time you reset the router.

It used to happen maybe once a week, but now it happens multiple times a day, which is unbearable.

Not sure if there's a newer firmware version which you can push out? Otherwise it might need replacing.

Firmware Version: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n
Hardware Version: Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hey @Harmont,

Let us have a look and see what is causing issues with the modem and if it still covered by warranty for replacement. Could you send us a PM with your details (Customer ID/Username also include with the address on file).

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Occasionally my modem freezes dropping all connections. LEDs stay on, but all devices lose LAN/WAN access. Router IP address doesn't even respond to ping. So I have to keep resetting it. I thought I'd check logs, but they get wiped every time you reset the router.

It used to happen maybe once a week, but now it happens multiple times a day, which is unbearable.

Not sure if there's a newer firmware version which you can push out? Otherwise it might need replacing.

Firmware Version: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n
Hardware Version: Archer VR1600v v2 00000000