TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600v v2 dropping wired connections

spocket
Level 2

Hi all. I have been having issues with devices connected via wired ethernet to my TPG supplied Archer home gateway.

I've been working from home through Covid and initially I noticed my laptop would randomly drop all connections, and I had to restart the laptop to get any type of connection back, but at the time I put that down to my laptop or the dock I'm using.

I've recently set up a NAS and have noticed that at times when I'm performing some heavy network usage tasks such as moving large/many files off or on the NAS that I will lose connection to the NAS, and it won't come back for around an hour.

I noticed that when this happens, on the management page for my Archer gateway, the "Wired Clients" count which would usually be "2", (my laptop and NAS) is at "0", and I cannot ping or otherwise access the NAS, and I notice my laptop's wired connection stops working. After ~1 hour the Wired Clients count will be back to "2" and at that point my laptop's network connection resumes and I can also access my NAS.

I have checked the system logs page at the times the wired connections fail but there are only DHCP logs, no errors or warnings.

I have set up a static private IP address on the NAS and a corresponding reserved address on the gateway (outside the DHCP range) but this does not stop the issue, when the wired connections drop I still cannot access the NAS.

The firmware version on the gateway is Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hey,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us, try to perform a factory reset on the modem/router and let us know how it will go.

To proceed with the firmware upgrade request, shoot us a Private Message with your account details (Customer ID/Username together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@spocket wrote:

Hi all. I have been having issues with devices connected via wired ethernet to my TPG supplied Archer home gateway.

I've been working from home through Covid and initially I noticed my laptop would randomly drop all connections, and I had to restart the laptop to get any type of connection back, but at the time I put that down to my laptop or the dock I'm using.

I've recently set up a NAS and have noticed that at times when I'm performing some heavy network usage tasks such as moving large/many files off or on the NAS that I will lose connection to the NAS, and it won't come back for around an hour.

I noticed that when this happens, on the management page for my Archer gateway, the "Wired Clients" count which would usually be "2", (my laptop and NAS) is at "0", and I cannot ping or otherwise access the NAS, and I notice my laptop's wired connection stops working. After ~1 hour the Wired Clients count will be back to "2" and at that point my laptop's network connection resumes and I can also access my NAS.

I have checked the system logs page at the times the wired connections fail but there are only DHCP logs, no errors or warnings.

I have set up a static private IP address on the NAS and a corresponding reserved address on the gateway (outside the DHCP range) but this does not stop the issue, when the wired connections drop I still cannot access the NAS.

The firmware version on the gateway is Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n