TPG Community

Get online support

Archer vr1600v Losing DSL sync multiple times a day

Djinn7711
Level 2

I have been having consistent and persistent issues with my my DSL sync dropping on my VR1600v. When I speak with TPG, they say it's NBN's fault. The last time I called, I finally was able to get the tech support team member to book an appointment foir a check from the NBN techs. They apparently came out and fixed an issue at the pit, but nobody came to my house and for whatever reason there is a Telstra pit in my front yard, so I am not sure what they actually did but I dont think they did much. 

The issue has not been fixed. My DSL Sync has dropped 4 to 6 times per day, every day for the past 7 days. Varying times, varying weather conditions, varying network load. I'm completely stumped as to how noone can find an issue. TPG have told me all of their tests have come back clear. My DSL Sync dropped while I was on the phone to the tech team and they told me it was definitely and NBN issue, but it just keeps happening!

has anyone had similar experience? 

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @Djinn7711 ,

Thanks for raising this to us, I would love to help see the status of the issue affecting the service, to better understand the situation, drop me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@Djinn7711 wrote:

I have been having consistent and persistent issues with my my DSL sync dropping on my VR1600v. When I speak with TPG, they say it's NBN's fault. The last time I called, I finally was able to get the tech support team member to book an appointment foir a check from the NBN techs. They apparently came out and fixed an issue at the pit, but nobody came to my house and for whatever reason there is a Telstra pit in my front yard, so I am not sure what they actually did but I dont think they did much. 

The issue has not been fixed. My DSL Sync has dropped 4 to 6 times per day, every day for the past 7 days. Varying times, varying weather conditions, varying network load. I'm completely stumped as to how noone can find an issue. TPG have told me all of their tests have come back clear. My DSL Sync dropped while I was on the phone to the tech team and they told me it was definitely and NBN issue, but it just keeps happening!

has anyone had similar experience?