TPG Community

Get online support

Can't get NBN signal with new TP-LINK ER7206 :( Please help!

SOLVED Go to solution
troyvida
Level 2

I recently purchased a TP-link switch and TP-LINK ER7206 router to beef up my network. I am replacing Asus AX92u router wifi6 mesh system. Well actually just replacing it as the router as I will use the ASUS mesh as access points only. But after unplugging the ASUS setup, and plugging in the new TP-Link router (PPPOE set and user password done), I can't get it to connect to NBN. I played around a bit... but I get nothing.  I am not totally technically illiterate, but networking is not my strong point.  please help Smiley Very Happy

p.s. I saw that cloning the mac address of the OG router may work, but I tried and failed this too.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

The settings required to establish the connection are the following below.

1. WAN connection type/PPPoE connection

2. Enter your TPG username and password credential

3. VLAN ID: 2

Note: VoIP will only work using our supplied modem/router. 

Yeah it supports WAN. It is a Omada line product (kinda enterprise/business line Router)  I have an HFC connection.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @troyvida ,

Is the TP-LINK ER7206 support WAN connection? What type of NBN connection do you have? 

Regards,

troyvida
Level 2

Yeah it supports WAN. It is a Omada line product (kinda enterprise/business line Router)  I have an HFC connection.

Shane

The settings required to establish the connection are the following below.

1. WAN connection type/PPPoE connection

2. Enter your TPG username and password credential

3. VLAN ID: 2

Note: VoIP will only work using our supplied modem/router. 

Yeah it supports WAN. It is a Omada line product (kinda enterprise/business line Router)  I have an HFC connection.

troyvida
Level 2

I rechecked all of this... plus changed a few things I noticed... but either way... i'm there now!  Thank you

Shane

Yay! Glad to know that. Share with us the trick you did to set up the modem. Smiley Happy