TPG Community

Get online support

Connecting old iPad to Sagemcom 5866

hooisoon
Level 2

Hi, 

I have just received the Sagemcom 5866 5G router and everything seems to be fine. The only issue I had was moving an old iPad I had to the wireless. When I tried to connect I keep getting the error "Unable to join the network 'Network Name'". I have done a reset of the network settings but I am still not able to connected to the device. Is there something else I can try ?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Angeli

Hi @hooisoon

If your band steering is enabled, try disabling it and alter the 5G SSID name. You can do it by logging in to your modem/router portal.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Angeli

hooisoon
Level 2

Hi Angeli,

Thank you for your response. I actually have different names for SSIDs, 2.4G and 5G. I have tired connecting the iPad to 5G but same issue. I have since discovered that my other older devices are also not able to connected the the Sagem com 5866T - iPad2 and Compaq Laptop running on CloudReady. All my other latest devices are able to connected to 2.4G and 5G without any problem. I have tried to change the setting from WIfI6 to Wifi 5 but still did not work. I suspect it has something to do with the older protocols used. I did not have any issue with the TPLink wireless that I used with NBN. Any other solution I can try ? Thank you.

Angeli

Hi @hooisoon

We'll have our tech team to ring you for assistance on this matter. Send us a private message with the following:

TPG customer ID:

Contact person:

Contact number:

Preferred time:

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Thanks!