TPG Community

Get online support

D-Link PYTHON DSL-2888A AC1600 Gigabit ADSL2+/VDSL2 Modem Router

SOLVED Go to solution
Tui
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

Is PYTHON DSL-2888A Dual Band Wireless AC1600 Gigabit ADSL2+/VDSL2 Modem Router compatible with TPG HFC NBN.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @Tui,

Yes, that should work. In case you need assistance in the future to setup this modem. Do not hesitate to let us know. We are here to help.

Let me know if there is anything we can assist you with.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Erika

Hi @Tui

Welcome to TPG Community! 

I had a look at the specs of your modem ( PYTHON DSL-2888A Dual Band Wireless AC1600 Gigabit ADSL2+/VDSL2 Modem ) on the Dlink page and can see that this is NBN ready. 

You may use it, however, the homephone feature will not work since the configuration of the VoIP phone is embedded in our modem's firmware.

Cheers, 

Tui
Level 2
Level 2

So apart from the phone, internet should work fine.

The reason I am asking this question is that my current modem/router broke down and I have to buy a new one.

I have ADSL2 at the moment but will get NBN between July to Sept 2018. I was thinking of buying D-Link PYTHON DSL-2888A AC1600 Gigabit ADSL2+/VDSL2 Modem Router. This modem/router has VDSL and ADSL. I assume it will work now with ADSL and later with NBN.

Regards

Shane

Hi @Tui,

Yes, that should work. In case you need assistance in the future to setup this modem. Do not hesitate to let us know. We are here to help.

Let me know if there is anything we can assist you with.

Cheers!