TPG Community

Get online support

Extending WIFI Range

desire22
Level 2

Good Evening, 

First time poster and I do apoligise if my question does not make sense as I am not Tech Savy at all. 

MY TPG NBN PLAN DETAILS 

TP-LINK ARCHER VR1600v

Do I utilise need and use my home phone (VOIP): YES 

NBN Cable 50 // 85: NBN HFC Digital Voice

What I would like to achieve: Improve the WIFI signal and speed to the back of the house

As per the image the black NBN Box and TP-LINK ARCHER VR1600v have been placed in an awkard location in the house. They have been placed inside my garage at the front of the very house. Unfortunately as a result the wifi is not great towards the back of the house (where the bedrooms and entertainment area is). 

I would like to keep the TP-LINK ARCHER VR1600v in the location where it is now (in the garage) as I have the secuirty camera system connected to it with all the wires and since im not technological savy and had people install this id like to keep everything where it is.  

Therefore can I please have a solution on how to improve the wifi signal and speed in the back of the house without creating two separate networks where my devices automatically disconnect and connect to different wifi's (i think entenders their called) as I walk from front of house (garage) to back of house (bedrooms).

If anyone can provide me with a solution using as little technological words as possible please. 

Thank you so much in advance!

1 REPLY 1
PeterW

Hello desire22,
Thank you for your message and for being a part of the TPG Community.
For verification purposes can you please send me a private message (PM) by clicking on my name
and provide the following information:
• Username
• Full Name
• Full Address
• D.O.B.
• Telephone No.
I will reply ASAP on receipt of the above.
Regards
PeterW
How To Private Message within the TPG Community:
https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-thecommunity/
m-p/4093#M45
My TPG app for IOS and Android - https://www.tpg.com.au/download