TPG Community

Get online support

Firmware update Archer VR1600 V2

mhjnsohan
Level 2
Hey. I think my internet is slowing down. Need for the firmware update on Archer VR1600v v2 00000000
1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @mhjnsohan,

Le us help check what causing slow connection with the connection and get to the bottom of this.

There are different types of speed issues that you may experience:

1. Speed issues caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless Speed issue this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Speed issues caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

Could you run a speed test on Mobile or Laptop connected via LAN/Ethernet cable and post the test result on this thread for reference. 

In the event that devices connected via Wi-Fi having trouble with the speed it could be caused by signal interference, distance, weak signal. If so, we recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

If the issue persists, shoot us a PM with your details so we can proceed with the initial investigation and check the available modem's latest firmware version 

How to send a PM? 

Hey. I think my internet is slowing down. Need for the firmware update on Archer VR1600v v2 00000000