TPG Community

Get online support

HG659 Console - can't connect via Chrome browser

SOLVED Go to solution
DarrenE
Level 2

G'day

I use Chrome browser (Windows 7) 99% of the time. But in recent months when I want to connect to the TPG HG659 console at 192.168.1.1 chrome won't allow me to enter password and connect - I think from googling it is related to SSL certificate being detected as "not secure" by Chrome security settings (see screen grab). To access the router console I have to install and use Firefox, which I would rather not do. Is there a way for me to access the console from Chrome? I have already added 192.168.1.1 to the Settings/Advanced/Proxy/Security/ but it makes no difference (see screen grab). The firmware was updated to latest version today (thanks @Riezl) but it did not fix the problem.TPG screen capture.JPGTPG Capture 2.JPG

Thanks,

Darren

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
orbistat
Level 8

Hi @DarrenE I just tried on one of my PC's running Windows 7 and Chrome, no problem logging in, try clearing your browser's cache, cookies and temporary Internet files, temporarily disable windows firewall for a test. Are you using the default username "admin"?

Login 1.jpgLogin 2.jpg

View solution in original post

DarrenE
Level 2

G'day @orbistat 

Thank you very much!! I cleared the cache, cookies etc. and it works now. I did not need to temporarily disable firewall.

For anyone else with same issue, the short-cut in Chrome to the dialog box to clear data is <ctrl><shift><del>

Cheers,

DarrenE

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
orbistat
Level 8

Hi @DarrenE I just tried on one of my PC's running Windows 7 and Chrome, no problem logging in, try clearing your browser's cache, cookies and temporary Internet files, temporarily disable windows firewall for a test. Are you using the default username "admin"?

Login 1.jpgLogin 2.jpg

DarrenE
Level 2

G'day @orbistat 

Thank you very much!! I cleared the cache, cookies etc. and it works now. I did not need to temporarily disable firewall.

For anyone else with same issue, the short-cut in Chrome to the dialog box to clear data is <ctrl><shift><del>

Cheers,

DarrenE