TPG Community

Get online support

How to disable the 5 GHz Wi-Fi of the Sagemcom 5866T Modem

TimeRider
Level 2

I need to disable just the 5 GHz Wi-Fi but keep the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi on because some Smart devices use only 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi for initialization. After that, I can keep both 2.4 and 5 GHz enabled together. I don't want to use different SSID for 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi network.  My previous router can do it but I dont' know how to do it on the Sagemcom 5866T.  Any help?

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @TimeRider ,

To disable the 5 GHz Wi-Fi we need to disable first the band steering. To do this, 

Switch off Band Steering and you will be able to select and rename each band. Keeping it On makes devices automatically switch to the best available signal.

You might have to keep band steering off if you have a mix of 2.4G and 5G device.

Note: Our supplied Sagemcom 5866T Modem uses the WPA2/WPA3 security protocol. If older devices do not support the said protocol, then they'll not be able to connect to it.

Regards,

I need to disable just the 5 GHz Wi-Fi but keep the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi on because some Smart devices use only 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi for initialization. After that, I can keep both 2.4 and 5 GHz enabled together. I don't want to use different SSID for 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi network.  My previous router can do it but I dont' know how to do it on the Sagemcom 5866T.  Any help?