TPG Community

Get online support

I need to change Wifi Channel for Tp-Link AX5400 and would like to know what the best model of WiFi extender

WoWoW
Level 2

Hi TPG Support,

Currently I am on NBN50.

I have a dark spot for my bedroom to access internet. Recently we could change the old modem HG659 to Tp-link AX5400 and see whether accessing internet is better than before. 

All the other areas are ok to access internet except my bedroom.

Some days, it is ok to access internet but some days, it is so slow to access internet.

So I researched this community site to see any solutions I can find.

I have read how to change WiFi Channel for the modem and tried to do that but the site says the channel is AUTO and no options to change under status and also there are no options for channel to change under wifi setting. Is it still possible to change wifi channel for AX5400?

Another solutions it says I can purchage a Wifi Extender.

As I am not familir with a wifi extender, I have no idea which models are suitable for my current modem/router AX5400. Is there any suggections? I do not want to buy something which are not suitable for my current router.

Please help me.

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi, WoWoW!

Yes, changing channels of the Wireless Network will help eliminate the interference that is causing Wireless Issue to the devices. In the event that there is no option to change the Wireless Channel it is best to contact first the modem/router manufacturer to avoid incorrect troubleshooting.

We do not recommend to purchase a Wi-Fi extender as we believe it is best to maximize the modem/router's capability before using any 3rd party extender/devices.

Regards,

Hi TPG Support,

Currently I am on NBN50.

I have a dark spot for my bedroom to access internet. Recently we could change the old modem HG659 to Tp-link AX5400 and see whether accessing internet is better than before. 

All the other areas are ok to access internet except my bedroom.

Some days, it is ok to access internet but some days, it is so slow to access internet.

So I researched this community site to see any solutions I can find.

I have read how to change WiFi Channel for the modem and tried to do that but the site says the channel is AUTO and no options to change under status and also there are no options for channel to change under wifi setting. Is it still possible to change wifi channel for AX5400?

Another solutions it says I can purchage a Wifi Extender.

As I am not familir with a wifi extender, I have no idea which models are suitable for my current modem/router AX5400. Is there any suggections? I do not want to buy something which are not suitable for my current router.

Please help me.

WoWoW
Level 2

Hi Shane,

Thank you for your reply.

The modem/router is VX420-G2V (AX5400) has been provided from TPG internet when I had so much troubles using HG659 previously.

That is why I was asking how to change internet channels of this model.

According to Tp-link website, I can't find this model as this is not general modm/router in the market.

Hopefully I will get details of how to change internet channels of this particular model.

Kind regards

Shane

Oh! Thanks for the clarification.

For the Wireless channel to show up, you simply need to switch off the Band Steering option on the Wireless Network, doing this you will be able to select and rename each band.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

Hi Shane,

Thank you for your reply.

The modem/router is VX420-G2V (AX5400) has been provided from TPG internet when I had so much troubles using HG659 previously.

That is why I was asking how to change internet channels of this model.

According to Tp-link website, I can't find this model as this is not general modm/router in the market.

Hopefully I will get details of how to change internet channels of this particular model.

Kind regards