TPG Community

Get online support

I want to move my wifi modem location.

TinaSon
Level 2

I want to move my wifi modem location.

The modem location is so far from my room now so I can't take online classes well in the room.

As you know, I cannot go to school because of the corona virus. So I have to take an online class in my room. I didn't know this before. This made me realize that I couldn't take online classes well in my room. My house is not big. The modem is installed in the living room. It seems that the installer installed the modem incorrectly. Shouldn't it be installed anywhere in the house where the Internet can be used well? How can this happen?

Until the corona virus is over, I have to take an online class in my room. I hope you can solve this problem.

2 REPLIES 2
KarlB

Hi TinaSon,

Unfortunately relocating a phone sockets is not a service TPG offer. You will need to contact a licensed cabler to relocate your socket. If you live in an apartment complex, please contact your building manager before proceeding, as they may need to organise access for the technician.

The technician must have a valid Open registration with an ACMA authorised registrar.

Finding a Licensed Cabler

Look in the Yellow Pages® directory under:

• Telephones & Systems - Installation and/or Maintenance
  • Computer equipment - Installation and Networking
  • Security Systems and/or Consultants or
  • Electrical Contractors.

Regards,

Karl

KarlB

Hi TinaSon,

We recommend having a read of this community article, which may help you in Improving your Wi-Fi Connection around your Home:

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Easy-Steps-to-Improve-Wi-Fi-Connection-In-Your-Hom...

Regards,

Karl