TPG Community

Get online support

Is the 5G network live when NBN line is dead

satban
Level 3

Hi - I am in the process of moving home. However given the current circumstances and over reliance on the internet at home I am wondering in either of the following scenarios -

That the NBN connection at the new address is not completed on the day of my move to the new address

or I schedule the NBN connection with a buffer of 1 week before the move to my new house

Will the 5G network be available to me at the house even though a live NBN connection might not be feeding into the router?

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @satban,

Thanks for raising this to us. The installation of NBN service generally takes less than 10 business days but can take longer in some cases, depending on the demand of NBN services in your area and the availability of the NBN technician to perform the installation. We recommend to schedule the relocation of the service before you move to the new address to avoid service interruption.

On the other hand, we do not have provide a 4G or 5G back up. 

If you wish to arrange a relocation of the service please send me your best contact number and preferred time we'll have our Relocation Team contact you.

In case you need a reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,