Modem replacement

SteveP64
Level 2

Due to a storm recently, our modem got fried. Using the app, I registered a fault with TPG to get it replaced, as there is no way to order a replacement on the website.

After a couple of failed attempts by support to contact me, they gave up and the fault (11830101) is now listed as resolved. Their text message to me said to log a fault using the app. I can't log another fault on the app, it doesn't give me the option, just shows me the old fault.

All I want is to order a new modem, I don't want to sit waiting on hold for someone to answer my call. No amount of testing from support is going to tell me anything other than the modem is dead, it won't even power up for them to test it.

How do I get the modem replaced, or can anyone recommend a modem from somewhere like Officeworks that will work. All the recommended model numbers on the TPG website are different to those available at Officeworks, JB, Harvey Norman, etc.

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @SteveP64 ,

Thanks for bringing this our attention, I would love to help and get to the bottom of this. I will arrange one of our Technicians to contact you for further test and investigation also to discuss details of modem/rotuer replacement. Please drop me a private message with your best contact number and preferred time tomorrow.

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@SteveP64 wrote:

Due to a storm recently, our modem got fried. Using the app, I registered a fault with TPG to get it replaced, as there is no way to order a replacement on the website.

After a couple of failed attempts by support to contact me, they gave up and the fault (11830101) is now listed as resolved. Their text message to me said to log a fault using the app. I can't log another fault on the app, it doesn't give me the option, just shows me the old fault.

All I want is to order a new modem, I don't want to sit waiting on hold for someone to answer my call. No amount of testing from support is going to tell me anything other than the modem is dead, it won't even power up for them to test it.

How do I get the modem replaced, or can anyone recommend a modem from somewhere like Officeworks that will work. All the recommended model numbers on the TPG website are different to those available at Officeworks, JB, Harvey Norman, etc.