Modem upgrade

Gerringongwest
Level 2
I have had the same modem with you for years and am getting lags and drop outs. I’m happy to stay with TPG but would like an upgraded modem please!
1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @Gerringongwest ,

Welcome to the community!

What devices are affected with the lags and connection dropouts? In the event that its the devices connected via Wi-Fi we did an article that will help you improve the wireless connection at home, please see the link below.

On the other hand, the modem we provide is a standard modem and we’ve optimised the setup to complement our specifically configured modem settings. We provide the modem for all our NBN plans as they are sold as an Internet & Home Phone Bundle. As the Home Phone component of your bundle is encrypted for security, you will need to use our modem if you are to make and receive phone calls

In the event that you are not satisfied with the performance of our supplied modem/router, you have the option to use a 3rd party modem/router. If this is the case, then our after sales support team can provide you with the settings required to configure your 3rd party modem with the settings required to access the internet.

Let us know how it will go.

@Gerringongwest wrote:
I have had the same modem with you for years and am getting lags and drop outs. I’m happy to stay with TPG but would like an upgraded modem please!